Déardaoin, Deireadh Fómhair 23, 2008

Thankful thursday...

I was just inspired to do this, (thankyou liz). It was an interesting day, and I spent most of it in a pretty annoyed mood. Honestly I was pretty angry at one point. Because of that I think that I need to do this, and just remind myself of the truth of my situation. I am thankful for...

  • The ability to make dang good chili
  • A country where I can be involved in the elector process, even if it takes a year and a half and makes me want to hurt every third person who opens there mouth about it.
  • The chance at a career that I never considered possible
  • Friends who know me, and still want to eat lunch with me, and will on occasion have a conversation with me.
  • People who believe in me when they have no good reason to do so.
  • Little old ladies who can walk faster than a two year old.
  • Children who believe the angels on stage are real.
  • The quickness that with which summer became Autumn.
  • The cold air against my face, and burning my lungs
  • My Father who understands the frustration of unemployment, understands the frustration of moving on, and who in brief moments becomes my daddy one more time to pray with me over the phone when I'm at my wits end.
  • My Mom who believes that everything I do is golden.
  • Liz Stewart who listens to me from a thousand miles away
  • Friends how gladly tell me that they told me so.
  • the knowledge that life goes on.
  • Being existential enough to believe that my reason and purpose comes from a God who created me, loves me, died for me, and wants only the best for me, even when I ignore Him, yell at Him, and blame Him.
  • The grace to be a performer in need of a little attention from time to time.
  • Ten months at a "job" that gave me my first real friends in three years, a chance to try a new career, and the apperance of passion that I didn't know was there.
  • The patience to wait for a new contract to come out, and knowing that it doesn't define me as a person, or a performer.

A.T.H.

No comments: